George Wadsworth – President & CEO
- 25 years experience in the energy industry with 17 as an executive and/or business owner and the remaining as a research chemist, business development and Country Manager having worked for companies such as Schlumberger, Marquis Alliance Energy Group and Secure Energy.
- Founded, built and sold Marquis Alliance (drilling, production and environmental services) to Secure in 2011, where George sat on the executive team and led the upstream chemical and waste recycling business until 2020. George also sat on the board of Secure from 2011-2014.
- B.Sc. in Molecular Biology from the University of Calgary, Canada with post graduate executive programs in leadership and business management at Queens University, Harvard and the University of Calgary.
Kent Brown – Chairman
- Canadian entrepreneur focused on the cleantech sector for the past 20 years. Founder and CEO of BluEarth Renewables, which built a renewable energy platform with $1.5B of long-term contracts from solar, wind and hydro, until its sale in 2015. Former CEO of Canadian Hydro Developers, the largest Canadian renewable energy company. Director and advisor to BluEarth until 2020 and is currently Board Chair of VEERUM, a SaaS provider in the industrial cleantech sector. Active angel investor with a focus on cleantech and is passionate about climate change.
- In 2015, appointed by the Government of Alberta’s Climate Change Advisory Panel to co-lead and co-facilitate Electricity Stakeholder Technical Engagement sessions, which lead to the Climate Leadership Plan. Co-created The Catherine Bell & Kent Brown Awakened Company Award at the Smith School of Business at Queen’s University. Kent holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) from Western University and is a CPA and CA.
Cody Church – Director
- CEO and President of Clear North Capital. Co-founded TriWest Capital Partners in 1997 where he served >20 portfolio company Boards and helped grow TriWest into one of Canada’s leading private equity groups. Former roles with CS First Boston and PE firm, EXOR
- Former Chairman of Edgefront REIT (now Nexus REIT); former Chairman of Source Energy Services, current Chairman of Decibel Inc.; current Chairman of POI Business Solutions based in Markham, Ontario. Graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Economics from Harvard University.
Ryan Ellson – Director
- CFO of Gran Tierra Energy (TSX, NYSE & LSE). Ryan has approximately 20 years of experience in a broad range of corporate finance and accounting roles. Over his career he has been involved in raising over $2 billion in debt and equity and multiple mergers and acquisitions totaling over $3 billion. Most recently was Head of Finance for Glencore E&P (Canada) and prior thereto Vice President, Finance at Caracal Energy.
- Currently a Director of PetroTal Corp. Chartered Accountant with a B.Com Accounting and a Masters of Professional Accounting both from the University of Saskatchewan, and has completed post graduate executive programs at Harvard and Wharton.
Tony Loria – Director
- Co-founder of Eight Capital with over 20 years of experience in building and managing investment banking franchises and advising a global client base focusing on corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, corporate strategy and business innovation. Tony was previously Managing Director at Dundee Securities and Partner, Managing Director at Genuity Capital Markets prior to being acquired by Canaccord Capital.
Jennifer Carscallen – Director
- CEO and founder of Arletta Environmental Consulting with over 17 years of experience in the environmental management and assessment industry. Jennifer founded, built and sold her first version of Arletta to Gemini Corp in 2015, where she continued as Director of Environmental Solutions. Jennifer has also had technical roles for both Ark Envirotech and Whitecap Resources. Jennifer is highly versed in Canadian environmental regulations as well as the required framework for ESG.
- Professional Agrologist and Biologist with a M.Sc., in Environmental Engineering and a B.Sc., in Environmental Science.