George Wadsworth – President & CEO
- 25 years experience in the energy industry with 17 as an executive and/or business owner and the remaining as a research chemist, business development and Country Manager having worked for companies such as Schlumberger, Marquis Alliance Energy Group and Secure Energy.
- Founded, built and sold Marquis Alliance (drilling, production and environmental services) to Secure in 2011, where George sat on the executive team and led the upstream chemical and waste recycling business until 2020. George also sat on the board of Secure from 2011-2014.
- B.Sc. in Molecular Biology from the University of Calgary, Canada with post graduate executive programs in leadership and business management at Queens University, Harvard and the University of Calgary.
Rob Skilnick, CPA – CFO
- 20 years of finance and accounting experience, including 11 years’ experience as a senior financial executive including 9 years as a CFO of CanElson Drilling and Trican Well Service, both publicly listed companies.
- Transparent approach to business management, combined with capital discipline, has resulted in market sector outperformance during periods of significant economic volatility. Broad financial experience, including tax, accounting, M&A, capital markets and restructuring.
James Graham, P.Eng – VP Engineering & Ops
- 27 years experience as an engineer in the fields of business development, marketing, project and financial management. Most recently James was EVP of Engineering and Operations with Catapult Environmental and prior to that was VP of Business and Corporate Development at Torq Energy Logistics.
- Spent >15 years in project and operations management; designing, executing and operating oilfield waste facilities, crude oil blending facilities, and crude oil refining facilities, where James integrated working relationship with the Energy Marketing and crude oil logistics necessary to operate these facilities.
- P. Eng with B.Sc in Chemical Engineering from the University of Alberta; executive programs from York University and the Haskayne School of Business.
Lorne Petersen, P. Ag – VP Business Development
- Entrepreneur with over 23 years experience in start-ups in the renewables, energy, and agriculture sectors.
- Spent the last 5 years in the renewable energy industry and has established deep relationships within the biodiesel feedstock supply chain and offtake market. From the perspective of a skin-in-the-game founder, Lorne has built partnerships with government officials and industry associations and has demonstrated a passion for ESG standards of responsible investment.
- Professional Agronomist with a B.Sc. in Agricultural Economics from the University of Alberta.
Brian Sorenson – VP Finance and Accounting
- 10 years accounting and finance experience, having recently worked at Eight Capital in investment banking and equity research, most notably focusing on clean tech, renewables and energy. Prior to, Brian was an auditor at MNP and BDO where he attained his CA designation. Brian also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation and graduated from the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Commerce degree.